Brown rice is an Antioxidant agent
Brown rice is an Antioxidant agent
When white versus brown, not only the color that matters the most. The utmost difference between white and brown is the process to make what they are. We believe that less is more. With only the outmost layer (the hull) removed, Brown rice retains its wholesomeness! Brown rice is natural gluten free, unrefined and unpolished whole grain in which the all the nutrients are locked in bran and germ layer, delivering extra-nutritious value compared to refined grains like white rice.
Some fully milled and polished white rice are required to be enriched with vitamins B1, B3 and iron in order to compensate the loss of nutrients during the process of milling and refining. Instead, Brown rice is natural and excellent source of essential minerals such as manganese, selenium, iron, zinc, magnesium and also vitamin B complex which brings tremendous health gains.
Surprisingly, the gluten free Brown rice exhibits superior antioxidant activities which can provide protections against free radical damages and also some diseases like cardiovascular disease, cancers such as colon cancer and breast cancer. Brown rice contains powerful antioxidant enzyme called superoxide dismutase which protects cell from oxidation damage during energy production. Selenium which is rich in Brown rice plays an important role in antioxidant process which can help to destroy the cancerous cells and repairs DNA. Study shown that this healthful element can promote cardiovascular health and fights against the development of high blood pressure and hardening of arteries as well. Additionally, the phytonutrients found in Brown rice are almost as much phenolics found in fruits and vegetables. These phytonutrients are antioxidants with anti-inflammatory properties which promote a better immune system and healthier body.
Without going further through the process of milling and refining, the fiber contents are retained which make Brown rice, a low glycemic index food (low GI food). Because of this reason, Brown rice is perfect for diabetic and hyperglycemic individuals to eat in delicious and nutritious way. The fiber contents help to slow down the release of sugar into the blood and stabilize the blood sugar level in the body. American Diabetes Association suggests that Brown rice can be helpful in the prevention of diabetes and also makes a wiser choice among the various types of refined carbohydrates for all the individuals with diabetes to add into the daily diet for a delicious and nutrition balanced diet. Harvard studies also shown that the consumption of 50g of Brown rice a day could decrease the risk of type 2 diabetes by 16%. Besides, manganese that found in Brown rice can increase the synthesis of body fat. Hence, it is a better option for those who are concerned of body weight and obesity.
Start your healthy staple today! When white versus brown, choose the better MEWAH Brown rice! It is gluten free and ideally for your daily meals to move you towards healthier body. MEWAH has been enthusiastically dispatched an array of delicious grains from around the world to you. You can easily find us at the grocery chain below:
- Aeon Jusco (Mid Valley, KL, Taman Maluri, KL, Metro Prima, KL, 1 Utama, PJ, Shah Alam, Bukit Tinggi, Klang, Bukit Indah, JB, Tebrau City, JB)
- Aeon MaxValu Outlets (Desa Park City, KL , Sunway Velocity, KL, Kota Kemuning, Shah Alam)
- Ampang Grocer, KL
- Ben’s Independent Grocer (Publica, Glo Damansara, Batai)
- Cold storage (KLCC, KL, Mont Kiara, KL, Great Eastern Mall, KL, Sunway Putra, KL, Wangsa Walk, KL, Alamanda, Putrajaya, 1 Utama, PJ, Jaya One, PJ, Mutiara Damansara, PJ, SS14, PJ, Sunway Pyramid, PJ, Subang Parade, Subang, Gurney Plaza, Penang, Island Plaza, Penang, Plaza Pelangi, JB)
- De Market (Desa Seri Hartamas, KL)
- Jaya Grocer (Intermark, KL, Empire, Subang, Pearl Point 2, KL, Da Men, Subang, Main Place, Subang, Mutiara Damansara, PJ, Damansara Perdana, PJ, Jaya 33, PJ, Evolve, Ara Damansara, PJ, Sieramas, Sg Buloh, Plaza Jelutong, Shah Alam, Saujana Utama, Sg Buloh, Emarald, Batu Caves, DPulze, Cyberjaya)
- Jason’s Food Hall, Bangsar Shopping Centre, KL
- Mercato (Pavilion, KL, Hartamas, KL)
- Pasaraya OTK (Gombak, KL, Sentul, KL, Puchong)
- RedTick (Setiawalk, Puchong, Cyberjaya)
- Sri Kota (Brickfields, KL, Shah Alam)
- Sam Groceria’s (Nu Sentral, KL Encorp Strand, PJ, Ultropolis, Shah Alam, Straits Quay, Penang, Paragon Penang, Sunway Carnival, Penang, Aman Central, Alor Setar)
- Urban Fresh (Setia City, Shah Alam)
- Village Grocer (Bangsar Village, KL, 1 Mont Kiara, KL, Avenue K, KL, Atria, PJ, Citta Mall, Sunway Giza, Courtyard, Subang, Tropicana Avenue, PJ)
For every purchase of Mewah 5kg Brown rice will be rewarded with FREE Mewah 1kg Tri-Mix Rice. Grab yours!
*only available at selected supermarkets, while stock last.
To purchase premium rice online kindly click at: http://bit.ly/2mh6qdk
Something good is in store!