Black Rice is a Superfood
Black Rice is a Superfood
Rarely, you have black food on your plate. Black rice?
Black rice was known as forbidden rice. Black rice might be much less seen it while most rice is white or brown but it has a thousand years of history. In ancient China, the crop was controlled and this organic black forbidden rice was only reserved for those who were royalty and wealthy. But now, black rice has gained a new tag – Superfood. You will be definitely captivated by this superfood by knowing it a little bit more. Black rice tastes closer to brown than white. It has a nutty roasted taste and a soft texture when cooked. Black rice is a naturally gluten free grain. No worries for those who are suffering from Celiac disease (allergy to gluten), black rice is a cool black thing to try on without the concern of developing the symptoms like bloating or diarrhea.
There is one best kept secret of black rice.
The exotic black rice can compete very well with the antioxidants potency of fresh fruits. Many of us always associate antioxidants rich foods with berry fruits like blueberries and vegetables like kale. In fact, black rice contains a high level of antioxidants, anthocyanin. The dark-hued bran is loaded with a high amount of antioxidants, anthocyanin which contribute to its beautiful deep purple colour. According to a study presented by American Chemical Society, one spoonful of black rice bran or 10 spoonfuls of cooked black rice are equally beneficial as a spoonful of fresh blueberries, but with less sugar and more dietary fiber. This healthy staple is definitely a delicious and inexpensive way to get a great boost of antioxidants. Anthocyanin antioxidants have been coined with benefits such as to reduce free radical damage which helps to fight against cancer. And also, it is good for heart by reducing the level of total cholesterol, LDL (the “bad” cholesterol) and total triacylgycerol concentrations. It can prevent the plaque formation in arteries and protect against the cardiovascular disease. So much lovable for heart!
Without going through the refining process, black rice can retain its natural wholesomeness in bran with a decent amount of dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals. Because the bran is not removed, black rice would have lower glycemic index compared to the consumption of white rice. It means black rice can raise the blood sugar level slower than white rice. In facts, having a diet composed mostly of foods with low glycemic index may help you to cut down the calorie consumption without cravings by stabilizing the blood sugar level. Therefore, black rice is not only an excellent food choice for those suffering from diabetes but also a must in your low GI (glycemic index) food shopping list.
The black forbidden rice is no longer forbidden today. Black is back. MEWAH is proudly to present an array of delicious healthy grains from around the world to you. Do look for this superfood, MEWAH imported USDA-Certified Black Rice which is organically grown and gluten free! It has been readily available at:
- Aeon Jusco (Mid Valley, KL, Taman Maluri, KL, Metro Prima, KL, 1 Utama, PJ, Shah Alam, Bukit Tinggi, Klang, Bukit Indah, JB, Tebrau City, JB)
- Aeon MaxValu Outlets (Desa Park City, KL , Sunway Velocity, KL, Kota Kemuning, Shah Alam)
- Ampang Grocer, KL
- Ben’s Independent Grocer (Publica, Glo Damansara, Batai)
- Cold storage (KLCC, KL, Mont Kiara, KL, Great Eastern Mall, KL, Sunway Putra, KL, Wangsa Walk, KL, Alamanda, Putrajaya, 1 Utama, PJ, Jaya One, PJ, Mutiara Damansara, PJ, SS14, PJ, Sunway Pyramid, PJ, Subang Parade, Subang, Gurney Plaza, Penang, Island Plaza, Penang, Plaza Pelangi, JB)
- De Market (Desa Seri Hartamas, KL)
- Jaya Grocer (Intermark, KL, Empire, Subang, Pearl Point 2, KL, Da Men, Subang, Main Place, Subang, Mutiara Damansara, PJ, Damansara Perdana, PJ, Jaya 33, PJ, Evolve, Ara Damansara, PJ, Sieramas, Sg Buloh, Plaza Jelutong, Shah Alam, Saujana Utama, Sg Buloh, Emarald, Batu Caves, DPulze, Cyberjaya)
- Jason’s Food Hall, Bangsar Shopping Centre, KL
- Mercato (Pavilion, KL, Hartamas, KL)
- Pasaraya OTK (Gombak, KL, Sentul, KL, Puchong)
- RedTick (Setiawalk, Puchong, Cyberjaya)
- Sri Kota (Brickfields, KL, Shah Alam)
- Sam Groceria’s (Nu Sentral, KL Encorp Strand, PJ, Ultropolis, Shah Alam, Straits Quay, Penang, Paragon Penang, Sunway Carnival, Penang, Aman Central, Alor Setar)
- Urban Fresh (Setia City, Shah Alam)
- Village Grocer (Bangsar Village, KL, 1 Mont Kiara, KL, Avenue K, KL, Atria, PJ, Citta Mall, Sunway Giza, Courtyard, Subang, Tropicana Avenue, PJ)
To purchase premium rice online kindly click at: http://bit.ly/2mh6qdk
Get creative with this organic black rice and have something different on your plate today!